Introduction, History, Background
Shri Jagdamba Samiti is a non-governmental organisation working for the development of rural population in the states of Uttrakhand and Himanchal Pradesh. Shri Jagdamba Samiti was established in 1991 in the Himalayan valley of Bhilangana, district of Tehri Garhwal. It started with a voluntary group of economists, Management experts, Social scientists, villagers, and participatory development specialists to work for the locally available resource management and their optimum utilization for sustainable development of local people.
Vision & objectives
The vision of our organization is to uplift the small and marginal farmers of Uttrakhand and Himanchal Pradesh, by ensuring sustainable socio-economic development .We work towards developing of new source of support by advancing the new generation farmers and also to develop a network of agro procession enterprises through enthusiastic and committed community.
Shri Jagdamba Samiti was established in 1991 in the Himalayan valley of Bhilangana, district Tehri Garhwal. It started with a voluntary group of economists, management experts, social scientist, villagers and participatory development specialists to work for the locally available resource management and their utilization.
Operational areas of the organisation, at present, are in four districts – Tehri, Uttarkashi, Dehradun and Rudra Prayag of Garhwal Uttarakhand. The optimum utilization of locally available resources through indigenous & eco-friendly technologies is the basic philosophy of the organization. Thus the mission of the organization is “to bring prosperity to all, through sustainable development process, by involving the community in planning, implementation and management of locally available resources as per needs and opportunities’.
To translate this mission into reality the major objectives and the priority areas of action. selected by Shri Jagdamba Samiti are as follows:
- To form the groups of different people, who have knowledge about the locally available resources in different working areas of the organization.
- To motivate and mobilize community members to identify their problems and needs on their own.
- To support & help the community members in developing their skills for solving these identified problems and fulfilling the needs through possible alternatives and efforts by the organization.
- To make people aware about the indigenous & eco-friendly technologies.
- To sensitize people for optimum utilization of natural resources.
- To select the options for increasing the efficiency of an individual and community.
- To establish the networking for exchanging the ideas at the field level and at the organization level.
- To organize the training for community members and staff of the organization for resources management, & area specific action planning.
- To introduce the concept of “fees for services” to the community for strengthening the sustainable development process.
|S.No||Name of the Employee||Designation|
|1||Mr. L. P. Semwal||President|
|2||Mr. Arun Semwal||Executive Chairman|
|3||Mr. Suresh Uniyal||Social Business Organizer|
|4||Mr. S. L. Uniyal||Community Leadership Developer|
|5||Mr. Sudershan Semwal||Finance Manager|
|6||Mr. Vishnu Painuly||Accountant|
|7||Mr. Utpal Chandra||ICT Head|
|8||Mr. Rajesh Prasad||ICT Manager|