The child environment project is an effort of UNICEF to develop awareness among people for safe drinking water, sanitation, diet and personal hygiene by involving the children and young youth. Sri Jagdamba Samiti under the supervision of the Chief Development officer (CDO) of Tehri Garhwal has been given the responsibility to mobilize children towards the objective of this program in 125 villages of Tehri Garhwal.
So far the following work has been accomplished in order to achieve the mentioned objectives:
- Formation of 120 water management committees (one in each selected village).
- Construction of 42 rain water harvesting tanks.
- Construction of 26 water ponds.
- Constructions of 18 water channels.
- To form the multipurpose women and youth groups at the village level & at the cluster level.
- To form the multipurpose sanitation committee at the nayapanchyat level.
- To have a recorded assessment to find out the indicators for planning
- To involve the accessories (those individuals, organizations, institutions, who not offering the lead role in the project still their participation proposes the possibility in making the project sustainable).
- To create awareness among the people towards safe drinking water, sanitation, diet and personal hygiene by involving the children and young youths.