Shri Jagdamba Samiti was selected for SWAJAL project in the end of 1997 to implement the forth batch of the project. This is a collaborative effort of Govt. of Utter Pradesh/ Uttaranchal and World Bank to facilitate drinking water and sanitation systems in the rural areas.
So far the following achievements have been reached out against the mentioned objectives:
- Construction. of 100 toilets (personal) in different villages of Tehri district..
- Construction of nine drinking water supply systems.
- Formation of nine village water and sanitation committee.
- Formation of nine women groups named Swajal Saheli Samooh.
- Awareness programs operation and maintenance of drinking water and sanitation infrastructure are being organized time to time.