Uttarakhand Diversified Agricultural Support Project is also a collaborative effort of Uttarakhand Govt. and World Bank. The main theme of this program is to introduce the diversified agricultural technologies to the farmers and helping them to strengthen the market. The project is being executed in two blocks of Doiwala and Raipur of Dehradun districts, which covers total of 83 villages.
So far the following work has been accomplished in order to achieve the mentioned objectives:
- Formation of 84 farmers groups.
- Training of 120 farmers in Integrated Plant and Nutrient Management (IPNM)
- Training of 180 farmers in Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Training of 82 farmers in CPP.
- Training of 22 farmers in Vermi composting and other bio composting technologies.
- 65 Trainings for vegetable production
- Trainings for setting the 45 mushroom Units.
- 22 Trainings for fruit processing units.
- 24 floricultural activities related training.
- Different awareness program and exposure visits have been organized for the farmers.
- Promotion of diversified agricultural techniques in order to increase the production and use of agricultural waste materials.
- To popularize the latest as well as indigenous agricultural technologies to the villagers, & motivate them to adopt these technologies.
- To strengthen the market facilities for agricultural based products by creating the networking and developing the Haat- Paiths.
- Promotion of Bio-Fertilizers technologies.